The ZESPRI® System ensures that all ZESPRI products are grown with the best orchard management techniques possible, while remaining focussed on sustainable development and care for the natural environment.
The ZESPRI® System extends to our processes, growing systems, packaging, storage and supply chain management, so that world markets can be assured that all ZESPRI® Kiwifruit are delivered in perfect condition, every time. The ZESPRI® System is world class and proprietary.
All ZESPRI growers and suppliers are committed to the ZESPRI® System which is founded on the following key principles:
- Understanding and communicating examples of best practice
- Implementing best practice processes throughout the value chain
- Having well documented, traceable and transparent processes
- Using ethical business practices
- Focusing on sustainable development
- Ensuring food safety
- Being GE free.
Items within the ZESPRI® System include:
- KiwiGreen programme – a compliance programme that encourages natural weed and pest control methods
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) – a programme used to identify and control any substance that could cause illness
- Environmental Management System – a programme that promotes environmentally responsible production, conservation of resources and recycling and prevention of pollution.
Ethical and transparent practices and processes are integral to the ZESPRI® System, which prides itself on conducting business ethically, honestly and with integrity. This ensures that each and every ZESPRI® Kiwifruit is grown the best way possible, is full of goodness and is safe to eat.